music equalizer

Thread: CD/DVD device driver is missing Windows 7 installation

CD/DVD device driver is missing Windows 7 installation

Hi all,
    Iím trying to install Windows 7 64-bit, but I keep running up against the same problem.
    When I load from the disk and click on Install it stops after a few moments and says the CD/DVD device driver is missing. Then a browser windows opens so you can find the driver, but I canít find it anywhere.
    If anyone knows a solution Iíd be really grateful.

Hello. That’s unusual since it is obviously able to read the disk. Is the disk an ISO downloaded from Microsoft? If so, you could try downloading it again and writing it to the disk to avoid any mistakes in copying. The problem could be caused by a corrupt ISO image.

Could you try booting from a flash drive?

I’m having the same problem as the original poster. even when I try booting from a flash drive I still get the missing driver error message.

AlanTuring's solution for me. Make sure you download the file again though – I tried just writing a new DVD at the slowest speed with the existing ISO file, but that didn’t work. When I downloaded a new file and wrote it at X4 speed I finally managed to install Windows 7.

This problem happened to me too, but I found a different solution: When the browser box comes up to search for a driver, click on install again.
    I found that the first installation didn’t work, but when I tried the second time around it worked fine.