music equalizer

Thread: Fresh install Seven Home Premium 64 bit - driver advice

Fresh install Seven Home Premium 64 bit - driver advice

Hi. I'm a noob when it comes to constructing and modifying PCs so bare with me. I have looked through the message boards on lots of websites and Im still uncertain about what to do. I intend on carrying out a fresh installation of windows seven 64 bit home premium on my pc with a completely new SSD. What I would like to know, and forgive me if this is a stupid question, is which drivers to place on a USB drive prior to carrying out the installation, because at the moment I have Vista. Do I duplicate the drivers for Vista to a USB stick or do I download Windows Seven drivers to the USB stick? I can not locate the drivers for the chipset on hp's site unless I select my OS as Windows Vista but it baffles me because Id like to set up Microsoft Windows Seven so do I not require the drivers for seven instead? Any help would be really welcome. In addition, I have not ever done a fresh installation on a fresh disk in the past, so I am assuming I set up the drivers subsequently to installing and setting up Microsoft Windows Seven. In addition, I am not sure on which drivers to place on a USB stick. Do Ii require the drivers for all the things that are listed in the device manager or just a small number of essential things and allow Windows to locate the other stuff subsequent to installing? If someone could go into detail on which drivers would be optimal to have on a USB stick for the installation that would be welcome.
    Thank you for your assistance

There is a rather high probability you will not require any drivers apart from those that are included on the Win Seven disk. I would most likely download the driver for ethernet from Hewlett Packard in the event I didn't have a connection to the net following the fresh installation. Following the installation see if things work and take a glance in Device Manager. If the way things work is alright and Device Manager's got no errors you ought to be good to go with no need for more drivers. I wouldn't worry too much about the most recent and best drivers except for if I had particular problems

That is true. Microsoft Windows Seven is pretty complete when it comes to drivers apart from the LAN network adapter driver.
    Once it is set up windows update will look after of the majority of the tough stuff

Alright, wonderful!
    Thank you for the advice people