music equalizer

Thread: Extracting files without installing

Extracting files without installing

I have downloaded the driver intended for my printer (Hewlett-Packard).
    It is executable, 119 megabytes.
    How can you get out the files to make an installation disk without setting it up?
    I know you can just load the executable file to set it up.
    Thanks.

In my experience, the files in question are self-extracting archives. In the past I have just double-clicked on them, following duplicating them to a directory, and they end up in another folder that they make. Within the directory are the separate files.

Vanush is correct. Lots of times they are self-extracting files. But lots of times they set themselves up at the moment following when you load them. Nevertheless, if you wanted to extract the executable separately you have the option of using a piece of software like 7-Zip that will offer you that unique choice regarding those types of executables without needing to install it. Alternatively some others will do it as well, but 7-Zip is the most popular.

Double click on the .exe file. After it finishes extracting the files don’t click on next – click on cancel instead. The files are extracted to a sub-folder starting with 7 within the temp folder. Then copy those files to a CD.

Thanks for the solution, it worked great.