music equalizer

Thread: Turn off hibernate feature in Windows 8

Turn off hibernate feature in Windows 8

I’d like to completely turn off the hibernate feature in Windows 8 – I don’t want my computer to ever hibernate.
    How can I stop my Windows 8 PC going into hibernate mode?

You can disable hibernate in both Windows 8 and Windows 7 by using the same method.

1. First, open an Elevated Command Prompt by running Command Prompt as the administrator. To do this in Windows 8, search for cmd using the Charms bar, right click on Command Prompt and choose Run as Administrator. If you’re using Windows 7 open Command Prompt by searching for cmd using the Start menu and right-clicking to open as administrator.
    2. In the command prompt window, type powercfg -h off and hit Enter.
    3. Close the command prompt Windows.

This completely turns off hibernate mode in both Windows 7 and Windows 8. A downside of using this method in Windows 8 is that it also disables fast startup.

Another way to disable the hibernate feature is by using the Control Panel. This won’t affect fast startup in Windows 8.
    Here’s how:
    1. Go to Control Panel > Power Options and click on ‘Change plan settings’ next to your current plan.
    2. Click on ‘Change advanced power settings’
    3. Click on the + sign next to Sleep to open the options
    4. Click on the + sign next to Hibernate after and change the settings to Never

Thank you both. I used the Control Panel method to permanently turn of hibernate in Windows 8.