music equalizer

Thread: WiFi Limited Access issue

WiFi Limited Access issue

I can't connect to the internet using WiFi at the moment.

It says "limited access", and when I try to fix the problem using Windows troubleshooting it just says "
    There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection adapter" and "There might be a problem with the driver for the Local Area Connection Adapter".

Does anyone know why it says "limited access" and what I can do to connect to the WiFi?

I had the same problem after upgrading a laptop from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1.
    The problem started because Windows 8.1 installed a new network adaptor. I solved the problem by reverting the network adaptor back to the old version that worked on Windows 8.

1. Open Device Manager by searching for Device Manager in the Charms Bar under Settings.
    2. Click on Network Adaptors and find your Wireless Network Adaptor. Right-click on it and select Update Driver Software.
    3. When the window comes up, click on "Browse for driver software on your computer"
    4. Click on "Let me pick from a list..."
    5. Find the older version of the driver from the list and click Next to install it.

This may work for you too if the problem started after upgrading from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1

Try disconnecting from the network and then connecting again.
    This worked when my wifi connection said "limited" using Windows 8.