music equalizer

Thread: Building your own PC - how much does it cost?

Building your own PC - how much does it cost?

Does anyone here have any experience of building their own PC?

If so, how much did it cost?

What's the minimum it would cost to build your own PC?

Building your own PC is much cheaper than it used to be, and itís now possible to build a reasonably good PC for as little as $300. Cheaper components will generally work fine for the average user.

Despite the fact that building your own computer is no longer expensive, itís still only really worth doing if really interested in how computers work and enjoy fiddling with technology, or if you want total control over which parts and components your PC uses.

If you want a more powerful PC, $600 is a good budget. If you want to go higher, you could build a very impressive PC for $1200. It used to cost over $1000 to build almost any computer yourself, but a budget this high will now get you a very high-powered machine, ideal for gaming.

Thanks a lot.

Does anyone have any suggestions for which parts I should buy to build my own PC?

If you're looking to build a budget PC, I'd suggest the following parts:

Case: Rosewill FBM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case. This case is a good size, is light, cheap, and has space for USB and audio ports.

Power supply: Corsair CX430 430W. This is an inexpensive power supply that will provide adequate power for a budget machine.

Motherboard: MSI FM2-A55M-E33 Socket FM2 AMD A55 DDR3 MicroATX. This AMD system is great value and supports everything you need - 8 USB 2.0 ports, up to 32GB of RAM. It doesn't have USB 3.0, but if your looking to build your own PC cheaply it's best to compromise on advanced features.

CPU: AMD A6-5400K Socket FM2 3.6Ghz Dual-Core CPU with Radeon HD 7540D GPU. This is a powerful CPU at a good price. This AMD product is a combination of GPU and CPU, so you won't need to add a separate graphics card - it has built-in graphics processing capabilities comparable to the AMD Radeon HD 7540D.

Memory: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800). Paying extra for 2 x 2GB means you get to take advantage of the board's dual-channel RAM slots. You can save some money by opting for a 1 X 4GB Kingston Hyper Blu DDR3 1600 RAM stick instead.

Hard disk: Western Digital 7200RPM 1TB Hard Drive. This costs just $65 and is likely to be more than enough space.

DVD Drive: Lite-On 24x CD/DVD Burner. This should suit most people fine, assuming you don't want to watch Blu-Ray disks.

Hope this helps

I'm also interested in building my own computer, but I'd like to build a high-performance system for games etc.
    What hardware would you recommend for a high-spec PC for about $1000 in total?