music equalizer

Thread: Does installing Windows 8.1 create new registry?

Does installing Windows 8.1 create new registry?

Hello,
    My registry is so untidy after lots of uninstalls that almost all the important updates of Windows Eight have failed.

I checked my registry with “registry first aid” and it discovered lots of errors and displayed yellow and red flags.

It’d be wonderful if a fresh installation of win 8.1 would remove the entire registry and create a new one, as I would like to avoid the last solution I used which was to reset my laptop to factory settings on Windows Seven.

Thank you

Yes, installing Windows 8.1 will clear the registry and give you a new, clean registry. However, a more straightforward and easy method to clean your registry would be to try a tool such as CCleaner. Have you used any software to clean your registry?

Thanks for your reply.

I prefer not to use registry cleaners such as CCleaner as I find they're too indiscriminate with what they delete - it can be dangerous to use registry cleaners as they can delete important things. I do find CCleaner useful for deleting cookies and temp files, but don't want to risk cleaning my registry with it.

Thanks for explaining that installing Windows 8.1 will clean the registry, I think I'll go down that route.