music equalizer

Thread: Internet Explorer crashes in Windows 8.1

Internet Explorer crashes in Windows 8.1

I keep getting this message in Windows 8.1:
    “Internet Explorer has stopped working”

What causes this and how can I fix it?

Try the following:
    First, make sure you have the latest Internet Explorer version. Microsoft often fix bugs that cause these sort of problems, so the latest version will be the most reliable.

If this doesn’t work, run Windows Update to update drivers etc. To do this move your mouse to the top-right-hand corner of the screen (or swipe from the right side inwards on a touchscreen), hit search and then put Update into the search bar.

If you’re still having problems switch off all add-ons in Internet Explorer. If this works you can gradually turn add-ons back on. This way you’ll be able to identify which add-on is causing the program to crash.

If you’re still getting the error message the problem could be due to hardware acceleration when viewing videos etc. If your PC is using hardware acceleration, you can turn it off by going to Internet Options, clicking on Advanced, and selecting ‘Use software rendering’.

If none of the above works, try resetting Internet Explorer’s settings. To reset Internet Explorer settings in Windows 8.1 open Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Internet options > Advanced > Reset.

I had the same problem and I couldn't find a solution anywhere.

I went through all the steps here until finally turning off hardware acceleration did the trick. Internet Explorer was mainly crashing with videos, so switching off hardware acceleration solved the problem.

Thanks a lot.
    I used Windows Update and now Internet Explorer has stopped crashing.